Perfect Recipe of Enchiladas for Your Family
For those who want to try to cook Mexican cuisine, looking for the best recipe of enchiladas may be a good start. Enchilada is one of Mexican representative food that consists of a filled and rolled corn tortilla, coated with a sauce made from chili pepper. There are various fillings of enchiladas, such as vegetables, beans, meat, potatoes, cheese, or combinations of those ingredients.
Back then, enchilada was a part of Mexican street cuisine and it didn’t have any fillings. It was just corn tortillas coated in chili sauce. As time went by, fillings was added, and right now, there are many recipes of enchiladas, depend on its form, sauces, and fillings. In this article, we will describe one of many recipes of enchiladas that is easy to be followed even for beginners.
This recipe cooking time is slightly longer than most recipes of enchiladas, with 110 minutes in total: 90 minutes for preparation and 20 minutes for baking. It has the yield of six servings.
- Canola oil, 1 tbsp.
- All-purpose flour, 1 tbsp.
- Red sauce, 28 ounce (1 can)
- Chicken broth, 2 cups
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Ground black pepper, ½ tsp.
- Chopped cilantro, 2 tbsps.
- Ground beef, 1 ½ pound
- Onion, 1 whole with medium size, diced
- Green Chilies, 4 ounce, diced
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Corn tortillas, 10-14 pieces
- Canola oil, ½ cup
- Cheddar cheese, 3 cups, grated
- Black olives, ½ cup, chopped
- Green onions, 1 cup, chopped
- Cilantro, ½ cup, chopped
- The first step of this recipe of enchiladas is to cook the sauce. Put flour and oil in a huge saucepan on medium heat, whisk both of them to create a paste, cook it for around one minute. Add the enchilada or red sauce, pepper, chicken broth, salt, and cilantro. Once the mix is boiling, decrease the flame and simmer the mix for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cooking meat: cook the onions and meat inside a skillet until the color change into brown. Remove the fat that occur from the cook. Add the seasoned salt and green chilies. Stir it for a while and put it aside.
- Cooking Tortillas: Cook the canola oil on medium heat in a smaller skillet. Fry the tortillas one after another in the oil by using tongs, for around thirty seconds each side until it gets softer. After frying, put it on a plate covered with paper towels. Do it again until all of tortillas are fried.
- Assembly: Prepare the oven on 350 degrees. Put ½ cup of the sauce at the bottom of a baking pan and spread it out evenly. Submerge every tortilla into the sauce, then put the meat, some grated cheese, green onions, and a small amount of black olives at the middle of tortilla. Fold and roll it, then place it in the pan, seam down. Do it again until the pan is full of enchiladas. Add the remaining red sauce on the enchiladas and put the rest of cheddar cheese at the top of it. Bake the pan for twenty minutes. Once it is done, scatter the cilantro on the enchiladas. This recipe of enchiladas is ready to be served.