How to use google meet in Your Smartphone and Laptop
Simplerefs – How to use google meet in Your Smartphone and Laptop. A virtual meeting or video conferencing application is one of the most needed platforms to support work from home (WFH) to prevent the spread of the corona virus. One of the best video conference platforms today is Google Hangouts Meet.
This application made by Google is actually a paid video conference platform. But to help the productivity of the people who worked during the COVID-19 outbreak still rife, Google provides free services until July 1, 2020.
Not only for employees who are currently in WFH, Google Hangouts Meet can also be used for online teaching and learning activities. The advantage of Hangouts Meet is that it can accommodate a very large capacity of participants, up to 250 people.
In addition, if you want to hold a teleconference online, you can invite up to 100,000 viewers in one domain.
Hangouts Meet is integrated with G Suite and only G Suite account owners can hold online meetings on Hangouts Meet. G Suite also offers a free trial for 14 days which can be accessed via this link https://meet.google.com/
Then how to use Google Hangouts Meet? You can use the desktop or the Google Hangouts Meet app on iOS and Android.
How to use Google Hangouts Meet on Desktop Pc or Laptop
- Enter this site https://meet.google.com/ through the Chrome browser, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari
- Click ‘Join or Start a Meeting’
- Write the meeting title or meeting code so that there are no wrong participants joining. You can also empty it when it’s not needed
- The site will ask permission to access the camera and microphone. Once given permission, you can simply click on the ‘Join Now’ option to create a virtual meeting room or ‘Present’ to make presentations via the laptop screen display
- If the virtual meeting room is ready, please invite other meeting participants by copy and paste the video conference link or add people using an email address and wait for them to join the conference.
How to use Google Hangouts Meet on Mobile Smartphone
- Download the Google Hangouts Meet app on Android or iOS
- After the download is complete, you will be asked to Sign Up using a Gmail email.
- If you have signed up, you can immediately have a group conversation both group chat and video conference. Click on the icon (+) in the lower right corner and select ‘New Video Call’
- Then you will be asked to add participant chat using your mobile number or email. If using a mobile number, a conference invitation will be sent via SMS. Meanwhile, if you use email, the invitation will go to the email Inbox. Then wait for everyone invited to enter the conference
- If you are a participant invited by the virtual meeting organizer, you can simply click on the link sent via email or SMS. After that, you will automatically join the video conference. Done.
Keep in mind that people who are not invited to the conference or who do not have a G Suite account, when they want to join, must get approval from participants who have already joined. This was to avoid intruders in the meeting that was being held.