Best Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe, for beginers.
Do you feel like eating ground beef enchiladas these days but do not have extra money to go to a Mexican restaurant? Maybe cooking it by yourself can be a great idea. Enchilada is one of the most popular Mexican food, just in par with taco. To simplify it, enchilada is a taco that is dipped into a red sauce created from chili pepper. Originally, enchilada does not have any fillings like taco. But due to many influence from other cultures, various fillings were developed. These days, fillings such as beans, cheese, vegetables, potatoes, meat, and even combination of those are widely available. There are a lot of ground beef enchilada recipe that you can get in the internet. These ground beef enchilada recipe can help you to cook enchilada without too much headache. However, finding the best beef enchilada recipe can be quite a hassle. In this article, we will give you the best beef enchilada recipe that you have ever cooked.
This ground beef enchilada recipe takes around one hour, with 15 minutes preparation and 45 minutes cooking time. This is relatively fast compared to most recipes in the internet, making this recipe is the best beef enchilada recipe for beginners.
Ingredients (8 servings):
- Ground beef (lean), 1.5 pounds
- Mexican-blended cheese, 3 cups, shredded
- Large flour tortillas, 8 pieces
- A pinch of Pepper
- A pinch of Salt
- Small white onion, 1 piece, diced and peeled
- Lentils or black beans, 15.5 ounce, rinsed
- Green chilies, 4 ounce, diced
- Red enchilada sauce, 1 can
- Fresh cilantro, ¼ cup, chopped
- The first step to make ground beef enchiladas is to prepare the oven for 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Smear the baking pan using cooking spray. Put it aside.
- Use a huge sauté pan to cook ground beef on medium-to-high flame until the color turn into brown and the beef is cooked completely. Smash the beef with a spatula while cooking. Take the smashed beef into a bowl and put it aside. Take a tablespoon of residual of the oil and throw away the rest.
- Cook the onion on a sauté pan for 5 minute using the residual oil until it becomes softer. Put the beans and green chilies, stir it for around 1 minute. Take the pan from the flame and combine the mixture with ¼ cup of red enchilada sauce and ground beef. Put it aside.
- Dip the tortilla into the enchilada sauce and put around 1/8 of the beef mixture on the middle of tortilla. Adds one-third cup of cheese. Fold up the tortilla and put it in the baking dish.
- Do it again with the rest of ingredients. Pour the remaining red sauce over the enchiladas and adds the remaining cheese at the top.
- Bake the dish for around 20 minutes. Once it is done, decorate it with cilantro, and your ground beef enchiladas are ready to be served.
Before trying this recipe by yourself, make sure to understand every steps and prepare every ingredients and utensils. Once everything prepares, give a shot to this recipe, and you are going to be shocked on how easy to cook ground beef enchiladas.